Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Way I See Things...

Wanderlust is somewhat of a defining character trait in my family. My father gets itchy if he's been living in a house too long (say three or so years.) Settling into my new life as a wife to a very stable (has moved twice in his entire life) man, I'd say I have some rough seas ahead of me. Stability is a trait I've always lacked and therefore have always craved, yet, at the same time, feared. Zelda Fitzgerald once said "She refused to be bored simply because she wasn't boring" and that has become a life motto of sorts for me. 
So what does this blog and blogging in general mean to me? It's a way for me to express and catalog my thoughts and interests. Those happen to be fashion, food, travel, blah blah blah, the same old same old, but topics may also include my faith, poetry, art (I have a print of Starry Night by Van Gogh waiting to be hung), books, movies, anything really. Although I am highly interested in fashion, I highly doubt there will ever be an outfit post on here, but you never know. I have been known to change my mind rapidly and frequently. 
The main reason I started this blog is to prove to myself that I can write when I'm happy. I had my fair share of teenage angst, and during those years, I churned out journal after journal. Now, that I'm past those years I find myself going months without even opening my journal. Perhaps I will keep this up, perhaps I won't. Either way, it's going to be quite an adventure.


     Word of the Day: Nomophobia - the fear that ensues when you don't know where your cellphone is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment